Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 2

Week 2 weigh in - sigh...I actually gained a pound. But I know I went over on Sat night, and I'm not going to let it discourage me. John did his first weigh in, but he didn't weigh himself when he started, so we don't know his weight loss yet, but he did lose 2" on his waist - yay!

We love to tweak recipes, and we have come up with a couple of winners. First of all we are making our own bbq sauce using Westbrae unsweetened ketchup and spices and liquid smoke.

The second winner was pumpkin ice cream! We used Jorge's vanilla ice cream recipe and added a can of pumpkin and some cinnamon and nutmeg. Wow, was it good.

We have enjoyed trying the recipes in the book, last night we had the chicken enchiladas, and they were fantastic!

If we ever get anyone actually reading this blog, and there is interest, we will post the recipes.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! so glad to see another BFC Blogger and cant wait to see what you come up with on your app!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J & B, I found your blog off of Amber's website. I will be following your progress. Tomorrow is my 1st full week on bfc. I weigh everyday (old habit) and know I was down 4.5 today since I started. I would be interested in the bbq sauce recipe. I can't find the scotts bbq anywhere. Does the ketchup you use have any artifical sweetners?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber, glad to see you came by!

    Vickie - wow! 4.5lbs! That's awesome! I will post the bbq sauce recipe in a new post. The ketchup we use is Westbrae Natural Vegetarian Unsweetened Ketchup which I found at Whole Foods - it has no sweeteners at all - 1 tbls has 1g of carbs and less than 1g of sugar.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete